Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Christmas Cookies

Also while out of town, my girls and I made cookies. They turned out super cute.
I used Wilton brand cookie cutters and store bought Betty Crocker icing, which I dyed with food coloring. The cookies however, were homemade, and they were really tasty.

Roll-Out Cookies:

1 cup unsalted butter, softened                                   2 3/4 cups all purpose flour                1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar                                        2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons Clear Vanilla Extract                         1 egg

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a mixing bowl, cream butter w/ sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Mix flour, baking powder and salt; add to butter mixture 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. Knead in a small amouth of icing color, if desired.

Do not chill dough.

On floured surface, roll dough into balls. At this point I use as much or little dough I need for the cookie cutter to cut out the shapes. Dip cookie cutter into flour before each use.
Bake cookies on ungreased cookie sheet 6-7 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned.


Ok Ok, I have to say that from this recipe my dough was not thick enough. I had to add an additional cup of flour to thicken it up. That did the trick.

Once the cookies were cooled off, the kids and I did our thing decorating and eatting them. :)




a few of our cookies


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.