Monday, March 21, 2011

50/50 Salad w/ fuji apples, feta, candied walnuts, and dried cranberries

I was inspired to make this salad from one I had at Mimi's Cafe, in Sacramento, CA. I'm sure they have it at all their locations. I think they call it a "Strawberry Salad".

I used a 50/50 spring/ baby spinach mix for my green base. Then, I added thinly sliced Fuji apples, dried cranberries, feta cheese, some homemade candied walnuts, and tossed it in Brianna's Home Style Real French Vinaigrette.



before the toss
 This salad is good and tasty.

Slightly sweet from the apples, a little tart from the feta and dried cranberries, nutty sweetness from the candied walnuts, and a final tang from the vinaigrette. Give it a try. My family was asking for more!!



after the toss :0)

Plus, it's a great way for my girls to get their salad in.
Enjoy!! Happy Monday!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of greens and feta cheese. Add walnuts and apples and I'm in heaven. Delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luv everything about this salad...I think I might have tried it once at Mimis. This is good stuff with great ingredients. I think I'll make this tonight for dinner :) Thx for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so tasty! I love finding good salad recipes, I feel like sometimes I just eat the same salad for everything!

    -Jenny @ Savour the Senses

    ReplyDelete

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.