Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Seven Cheese Tortellini with Pesto and Sundried Tomatoes

Dinner was really really great tonight. I hadn't taken any meat out for dinner so we didn't eat meat tonight. It felt good. I felt lighter than usually after eatting dinner too. Last time I went to Costco, the tortellini was a sample station as well as the pesto. I had to get them both and put a little of my own spin on things.








I started by boiling my seven cheese tortellini as directed on the package, drain them, and set them aside. For the sauce I took 1 cup of Kirkland Brand Pesto, 4 sliced up Sundried Tomatoes, and 1/4 cup of Newman's Own brand Marinara. I heated the sauce on medium-low heat and let the flavors cook until the sauce was really hot. Approx. 3-5 minutes. I then tossed by tortellini in it, coating all sides well.


I pan fried some zuchinni slices as my side dish. I sliced a large zuchinni and splashed some lemon juice on them. I garlic salted and peppered them lightly, and sprinkled a little bit of flour on them.

In a medium sized pan, I heated some vegetable oil (until a sprinkle of water sizzled really well) and fried the zuchinni until golden brown on both sides.
This is how I do my fried green tomatoes too....YUMM-O.


Dessert : )


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.