Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sunshine, Cookies, Bird Houses, & Girl Scout patches




It's almost Easter!!!  All the good family time, yummy food, fun spring crafts, and fingers crossed for sunshine. The kids are excited about dying eggs and of course the hunt.
I love spring time. (mostly because summer is right around the corner)

Today was productive for me. I got up and made coffee, for me, and breakfast for my first grader, took her to school, and came home to the hubby making me breakfast. Wow and YUM!! After breakfast, Lil' Miss M painted a bird feeder that her daddy helped her build.
I got these cool bird house/ feeder crafts from The Rocking Horse, a local toy store, owned by my good friend Mary.  She has great stuff.


lil miss M, hard at work

big miss M's birdhouse for already finished


I finished ironing on Mina's girl scouts patches, boiled three dozen eggs for dying (and egg salad sandwiches), made birds nest cookies, vacuumed the living room, mopped the kitchen, and am still doing laundry.

M's Girl Scout Daisy vest and her hard earned patches. Very sweet


All while the sun was out and warm. It was a good day but now.... I'm done.
I think I've done enough. Hmm... now what for dinner.
A mothers day is never done, who am I kidding.
Oh, and I get to go to work tonight.... well that will be a good break. 
.sigh.



Birds Nest Cookies

1 package Nestle Toll House Peanut Butter &  Milk Chocolate morsels
1 package Chow Mien Noodles
1 package Cadbury Mini Candy Eggs




Melt peanut butter and chocolate chip morsels in a microwave safe bowl, for 30 seconds.

Remove for microwave and stir. Put in for another 30 seconds, take out and stir. Do this until the chips are completely melted. It only took me a total of one minute.

Add in your chow mien noodles. Stir and coat completely.

Spoon onto, wax paper covered baking sheet.

Top with candy eggs, and refrigerate until firm.

Super easy, and the kids love them!! Enjoy!!


my good little helper

ready to go in the refrigerator




4 comments:

  1. I just made something similar today for my kids... they were a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will sleep well tonight :-). The nests are really cute and my grandsons will love them. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That appears to be excellent however i am still not too sure that I like it. At any rate will look far more into it and decide personally! more info

    ReplyDelete
  4. be triumphant! it can be one of the maximum beneficial blogs we have ever come upon upon the difficulty. first rate data! Im similarly to an expert in this topic consequently i can obtain your attempt tremendously quick. thank you for the massive formerly. visit this page

    ReplyDelete

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.