Monday, September 13, 2010

Playing catch up

We have been out of town visiting friends. So for the last 3 days I have only cooked 2 times. On top of that my husband and baby were sick yesterday(Sunday) soo we ate chicken soup and grilled cheese sandwhiches. I did cook twice while out of town. Once was burgers that I didn't take pictures of and the other was breakfast. For breakfast I made my now famous Strawberry & Cream cheese French Toast(this recipe is in an older blog post) and Omelets. I loved the combo of sweet and salty. I should also say that I got all my ingredients from Trader Joe's. Damn, I really wish I had a Trader Joe's in my area. I LOVE THAT PLACE. http://www.traderjoes.com/

For one omelet:   I whisked up 3 eggs in a bowl until nice and fluffy. Then I cooked them in a skillet on medium-low heat until the underside was slightly golden brown. Next, I added some chopped red bell pepper, sliced white mushrooms, and a shredded cheese mix. Then very carefully I folded my omelet in half and cooked it the rest of the way. For a finishing touch I put a little cheese, salt , and pepper on top.


We also ate at The Sierra Nevada Brewing Company. Their food is always great and of course the beer. http://www.sierranevada.com/

beer sampler


kid's cheese pizza
calamari appetizer


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.