Friday, December 10, 2010

Chicken Enchilladas with Green Sauce

Here is another recipe that my good friend Amanda gave to me. I have altered it a little bit since I've been cooking it, putting a different spin on it everytime I cook it. Just to see what's good and what's not.

Chicken Enchilladas with Green Sauce.
I think I might have posted something like this before, hmm oh well.

I started by getting out my crock pot. I love this damn thing.

Turn your crock pot on high and add in: 1 cup of water, 3 defrosted boneless skinless chicken breasts, 3 tablespoons ground cumin, 1 large can diced green chiles, 1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom soup and let it all cook together for about 2 hours.

After it's all nice and cooked, I took out my chicken breasts and shredded them up and put it back in the crock pot to stay hot.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.

In a large baking dish, I put a thin layer of green echillada sauce on the bottom of the pan. This is so the tortillas dont stick. On top of that I put a layer of flour torillas. Next layer is my chicken mixture, I used it all. Then, a thick layer of monterrey jack cheese. Lastly, put one more layer of tortillas and poured the rest of the sauce on top. If you want add some more cheese on top.

Then place in the oven at 350 degrees for 20-30 of until the top is bubbly and the cheese is slightly golden brown.


my chicken mixture in the crock pot, complete with: green chiles, cream of mushroom soup, cumin, chicken on high and cooking


a few of my ingredients


ready for the oven
What do you think?? Ready for feedback, ideas, suggestions....

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.