Monday, April 11, 2011

A great read!

I finished reading Water for Elephants last night. Wow. What a great book. I literally took this book everywhere with me, antisipating a free moment to read a few more pages. It was that good people.

What a wonderful story. I don't know why I didn't read it sooner.

It was the quickest I've read a book since my pre children days. Now, this is saying a lot for me. It usually takes me a looong time to finish a book, if I ever even get to finish.

I felt a read need to read it quickly though, I have to admit. The movie is coming out on April 22nd starring Reese Witherspoon, Robert Pattinson, and Christopher Waltz. I really hope they don't F it up!
I'm gonna be pissed if they do.

I'm almost scared to go see it. Why, becuase if it's bad, it might ruin it all for me. All that said, I have to say the trailer looks good!! It looks very Titanic, circus style.

Movie Trailer here   check it out!!

For all of you out there, under a rock, here's a summary of Water for Elephants, a novel by Sara Gruen.

"When Jacob Jankowski, recently orphaned and suddenly adrift, jumps onto a passing train, he enters a world of freaks, drifters, and misfits, a second-rate circus struggling to survive during the Great Depression, making one-night stands in town after endless town. A veterinary student who almost earned his degree, Jacob is put in charge of caring for the circus menagerie. It is there that he meets Marlena, the beautiful young star of the equestrian act, who is married to August, the charismatic but twisted animal trainer. He also meets Rosie, an elephant who seems untrainable until he discovers a way to reach her. "
- from bookbrowse.com

6 comments:

  1. One of my very favorite books - ever! I can't wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see the movie. Your reviews are one of the reasons I like to visit here. You've created a lovely spot for your readers to enjoy. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the trailer for this movie a few days ago. It looked good but I had no idea that it was a book! I'll have to read it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is on my must read list - so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great cast! Don't know when it will be coming out here, didn't even know there was a film comiing out until you mentioned it! Titanic gone circus sounds amazing, can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my very favorite books too. Told you! So glad you read it. Can't wait for the movie.

    ReplyDelete

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.