Thursday, June 30, 2011

Homemade Bolognese Sauce

I said I was taking a break..I guess what I meant was that I will be blogging more sporadically.

Last night I made a reallly realllly yummy sauce that I have to share!!!!! So good you guys!!!
It does have wine, but all the alcohol cooks out.

Bolognese Sauce, Morris style

I began by browning up 1 pound of ground beef.  While my ground beef was cooking, I seasoned it with Garlic Salt, Pepper, and some Thyme. When done, drain and put aside.

Sauce portion:  1, 28 ounce can of Tomato Sauce
                        1, 14 ounce can of diced tomatoes w/ basil and garlic/ Muir Glen Organics is great!!
                        1/2 a yellow onion, sliced Or chopped however you like
                        1/2 cup red wine, something good. Something you would drink. I used Cabernet
                         1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
                        Granulated Garlic, Sea Salt, Basil, & Parsley...no I didn't measure.

Combine all these ingredients in a large sauce pan. Begin to heat. I start by cooking on medium heat, stirring often, until it reaches a slight boil. Then turn the heat down to low, and simmer slowly for another 30-40 minutes. Stirring along the way.



At the end of 30 minutes, I add in my meat. Let the sauce and meat simmer together for another 10-15 minutes, to infuse all the flavors. That's it.

Serve over your pasta of choice. We had good ol' spaghetti.



Thanks for coming by!! Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great! I've never made my own sauce - you make it seem so easy!

    ReplyDelete

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.