Friday, February 11, 2011

Everytime she goes away..

As you can see by my lack of blogging, I've been gone. For almost two weeks now, I've been dealing with the death of one of the remain two Great Grandmothers I have/had. Her name was Cora Fay Dunkin, and she was a wonderful lady. So sad. As if this stress and sadness wasn't enough, my other Great Grandmother, Ruth Mae, is currently in the hospital, at the age of 89, recovering from Colon/Rectal Cancer surgery. Again, very sad. She is having a difficult time recovering and I have been back and forth visiting her. Unfortunately, many members of my family have not stepped up to be with her at this difficult time.
 Pretty much, it seems like they are too wrapped up in their "busy" lives to be with their ailing 89 year old grandma. Once AGAIN, very sad. Great Grandma Ruth and I have always been close and I will do anything for her, including driving 5 hours to and 5 hours from the hospital to be with her while I can. I've not searching for praise from anyone, I just want to see her recover and go home to live out the rest of her days.
It's my own deal, I can't live with myself if I sat by and did nothing.
That's just me.

Thanks for letting me vent, it feels good.

As for food, I will be baking today.
Most liking with Persimmon, as I have pulp left I need to use in the freeze.

Have a good one, and thanks for stopping by.
*Much love, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.