Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tacos, herbs, and Valentine's Pancakes, OH MY

Last night we had tacos. Nothing fancy, just regular ol' tacos. But they were good, don't get me wrong.
Ingredients I used: Food Life brand Sprouted Corn Tortillas, red leaf lettuce, grated Cheddar & Monterrey jack cheese, diced tomatoes, and some kind of hot taco sauce we had in the frig. Oh and, Darigold brand all natural sour cream.



I seasoned my ground beef with:
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder

  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

  • 1/2 teaspoon paprika

  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin

  • 1 teaspoon sea salt

  • 1 teaspoon black pepper




  • I forgot to take a picture of my finished tacos. But Hey tacos are tacos, you know what they look like.

    Here's my new kitchen window herd garden. :-) They are already growing.



    So for breakfast this morning, I had some bananas I needed to use up and the kids wanted pancakes.

    BahDa Bing BahDa Boom. Banana Pancakes. Plus it's close to Valentine's Day, so I thought I'd turn then into V-Day pancakes. It really only took the addition of some festival cupcake sprinkles.

    I used a really simple basic pancake recipe. Easy Cheesy. To this recipe, I add my banana mixture. Recipe to follow.

    Pancakes:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1 tablespoon white sugar

  • 1 1/4 cups milk

  • 1 egg

  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

  • In a large bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Next, pour in the milk, add the egg and melted butter; mix until smooth. Now add the banana puree mixture.

    Banana Mixture:

    Two very ripe bananas, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract. Once all these things are in my food processor, I puree it very well. Until baby food consistency.
      Finally, heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.


      
      my banana mixture
      

       For the girls, I sprinkled some Valentine's Day sprinkles on the plate first to dress it up. I served the pancakes with sliced strawberries on top and of course maple syrup and butter.

      
      This was the adult version, sans the sprinkles. Enjoy!!
      
      

      2 comments:

      1. I think you must have made this post for me. Tacos are seriously one of my favorite foods and I love pancakes and bananas. Sounds great!
        I like the picture of the pancakes with sprinkles

        ReplyDelete
      2. Hi there Kelly!

        My name is Steve Walters and I recently started blogging at http://www.eatingbangkok.com, which is currently being updated with recipes, but in the next few months will be my vehicle for covering the food and restaurant scene in Bangkok Thailand.

        I am now in the process of meeting as many food bloggers as I can and I found your site http://somethingdifferentfordinner.blogspot.com recently and was pretty impressed. I've added your site to my Foodie Blogs list here: http://www.eatingbangkok.com/foodie-blogs/ and would also like to add you to my blogroll.

        If you could add my site to your blogroll and write back to let me know it has been added (foodie [at] eatingbangkok.com) I will add you to mine as well and the exchange would be greatly appreciated!

        As you might imagine I am very excited to get moved to Bangkok and get started on covering the food scene there as I feel it is an area that isn't well covered by English speaking bloggers. I plan on adding loads of great reviews, pictures and even video and will be holding contests as well. It should be fun, entertaining and informative for everyone that visits.

        Thank you so much in advance for adding me to your blogroll and I look forward to reading your posts (I've subscribed!) and maybe even featuring some of your own posts as I do plan on a weekly roundup of Thai themed recipes and posts from other food bloggers.

        Warm regards,
        Steve

        P.S. If you are on Twitter I would love to have you as a follower and I follow back:
        http://www.twitter.com/eatingbangkok

        ReplyDelete

      If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

      Anonymous comments will not be published.