Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Aloha from Hawai'i

As you can tell by my lack of blogging, I've be gone for awhile.

Lucky me, I just got back from the island of Oahu, in Hawaii. www.gohawaii.com/oahu


We, my mother in law, and myself were there for four days, three nights, and had a nice relaxing time. We ate well too. For some reason my camera decided to only work about 1/2 the time. So I didn't take pictures of my food but, here are some of the places we went.

We stayed at the Waikiki Beach Marriot Resort & Spa. Very very nice. http://www.marriottwaikiki.com/

Hale'iwa, on the North Shore of Oahu, an historic surfing town. It was a great place to get away from the hussle of all the tourist in Waikiki.

A local woman on our airplane told us we HAD to go to Lanikai Beach, also on Oahu. It was absolutely beautiful!! As you can see from the picture below, the water is amazing.


Cheeseburger in Paradise, a Jimmy Buffet owned chain, was close to our hotel, and was convenient after a long day.
My mother in law and I had the Kobe Burger, it was tasty, although we both ordered them medium and they came well done. I felt bad for our waiter, I could tell he was having a bad night, and I've been there done that so I didn't complain. This place was a good tourist-y thing to do.




We also found Hanks Haute Dogs, in Waikiki's International Marketplace.
They were featured on the Food Network's Drive In's, Diners, & Dives.
Their haute dogs are all beef Kosher dogs, yum!!
I had the chili dog, no onions, and some freshly cut french fries.
Pat had the Hank's Dog.



While we were driving around the island we stopped at a food truck, Tony's Kahuku Shrimp. There are a lot of them that serve shrimp b/c there are a lot of shrimp & prawn farms on the East side of the island. We had the Garlic Shrimp, a sweet & spicy chili garlic sauce, served with white rice and salad. VERY VERY good!!!




another view of Waikiki Beach

Waikiki Beach, Hawaii

I had to stop in here for a quick Margarita while in Hale'iwa, on Oahu's North Shore.
 

On the second night we were there, we went to Germaine's Luau. It was so much fun. The food, the culture, the location, all wonderfully beautiful.
 We had Kalua Pork, and a giant buffet of other Hawaiian & International Food. It was a great experience and I highly recommend Germaine's. Plus the fact that it is the last family run luau in Hawaii!! Good reason to check it out.




the women's dancing was AMAZING



the staff pulling the pig from the ground



No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.