Friday, March 4, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Didn't take pictures of dinner, it was late when we got to it.

We had slow cooked pork shoulder roast (I used a crockpot on low for about a day & a half), garlic mashed potatoes, and gravy I made from the pork roast juices. Very good comfort food. :-)

But, I did make cookies during the day. Peanut Butter Cookies. They are my favorite & super easy with my shortcut cookbook. Thanks Pat!

For this recipe my shortcut was cake mix. I bought a yellow cake mix from the natural food store to use for this recipe. Tried to make it as healthy as cookies could possibly be. Turned out pretty good for a health food store mix. I had never used one before. Can't complain.

Ingredients:

1 cup peanut butter
2 large eggs
1/3 cup milk
1 package yellow cake mix
1/3 cup granulated sugar

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease your cookie sheets.

Mix the peanut butter, eggs, milk, and half the cake mix in a large bowl until well blended.

Mix in the remaining cake mix with spoon until all the ingredients are moistened.




Place sugar in a shallow dish. I used an icecream scoop to form balls of dough.
Roll the balls of dough in the sugar until lightly covered.
Press a crisscross pattern on top of cookies with fork.


Bake for 10-12 minutes, just barely set at center.
Cool on cookie sheets for 3-4 minutes, just to let them firm up a little. 
Transfer to wire cooling rack.

Enjoy! Cheers!

Happy Friday! Thanks for stopping by *Kelly




Great Peanut Butter Cookies on FoodistaGreat Peanut Butter Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.