Friday, June 3, 2011

Teriyaki Chicken, Steamed Rice, & Broccoli



Teriyaki Chicken

2 chicken breasts
4 chicken thighs
1 bottle of Soy Vay's brand Island Teriyaki sauce.

I began by marinating my chicken, in the refrigerator, in 1/2 of the bottle of Soy Vay's brand Island Teriyaki Sauce for approx. 3-4 hours.

When the chicken had marinated enough, I placed them in an oven safe baking dish. I do not add in my marinade. Next, I added in the sauce that I had left in the bottle and 1 cup of water. Cover with foil and bake in the oven on 350 degrees. I bake for 40 minutes covered, and the last 20 minutes I uncover to brown the tops. One hour total.

Easy and so tasty.

Steamed Broccoli

Rinse out well your broccoli, and break into large, bite-sized florets. Cut off the stem and peel off the thick skin around the stem. Quarter or halve the stem lengthwise.

Bring 3/4 to 1 inch of water to a boil in a saucepan with a steamer. Add the broccoli to the steamer and cover; reduce heat to medium and let cook for 5-6 minutes. The broccoli is done when you can pierce it with a fork.

Steamed Rice

I cook my rice in a rice cooker. This saves me..really. I'm really bad at rice on the stove top. Sorry, wish I could help. In this case I'm useless. I swear by my rice cooker!!

Healthy and Easy. Enjoy!! Have a great weekend everyone!

Cheers! *Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.