Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Chicken Thighs, Corn on the Cob, Crescent Rolls, and Parisian Salad

Before dinner was ready, actually even started, I made some small appetizers. I took some rosemary & garlic crackers and topped them with Cypress Grove Chevre' cheese and homemade bruschetta. http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com/


Bruschetta: 1 large tomato - diced up


                 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves

                 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

                 1 clove garlic, finely chopped

some with cheese & some without


The was a great summer time meal


Chicken Thighs:
 
I started out by putting 5 chicken thighs in my marinade (recipe to follow) leaving them to marinate for 2 hours. (Note: I am cooking for 4 people) Next, I turn my boiler on low. I used a baking pan and lined it with foil and put a little grilling rack inside it to cook the chicken. Once the oven was heated to full temp., I put my chicken in the oven for approx. 10-12 minutes on each side, maybe less. Chicken thighs are pretty small and cook much quicker than breasts.



Marinade: 1 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
3/4 cup of soy sauce
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp salt
1 tablespoon pepper
2 tsp dried parsley
1 tsp garlic powder


Corn on the cob:

My father in law gave us some unbelievable corn from his garden. I shucked and rinsed them and put them into boiling water for about 3-4 minutes. Not too long. Just enough to be pipin' hot~!!! And of course rolled them in some Humboldt Creamery Butter. http://www.humboldtcreamery.com/


Parisian Salad:

         Mixed greens
         Candied Pecans
         Feta Cheese
         Dried Cranberries
         White Balsamic Vinegarette

This was a salad kit from Costco but is super easy to make on your own too.



Crescent Rolls:  These were Pillsbury rolls out of a can. Do not knock these things they are insanely good. I Love Em'


For dessert we had Mint Chocolate Chip milkshakes, topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of chocolate syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.