Thursday, September 9, 2010

Tuesday night's dinner


Early in the day, I made Rice Crispy treats out of fruity pebbles. Made especially for my friend and follower Joe P. Good idea Joe.


For dinner I made some oven baked potatoes, Tri-tip, and corn.

On the meat I created a dry rub and refrigerated for 2 hours to let the flavors set in.
Dry rub:  Paprika, garlic salt, pepper, parsley, onion powder, and ground coriander
Before I put it in the oven, I drizzled a little bit of EVOO on top and rubbed it all in with my hands.

I cooked it in the broiler on low for about 15 minutes per side.

On top of the steak I experimented with a sauce. I took some sliced onion and cooked them in some butter until they turned a little bit brown. Then added some red wine and a dash of red wine vinegar and finally a little more butter. I cooked my sauce on low heat and let it reduced to become a little bit thick. Once it got there ( about 20 mins) I added a little bit on top of the steak. It was pretty Good. It reminded me of something I have had at Moonstone Grill. I'm gonna call it a Red Wine & Sweet Onion reduction. Sounds fancy.


The potatoes were super easy. I cut 5 large baking potatoes in chunks and used Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup & Dip Mix.
I put my potatoes in a baking dish (13x9) and added one package of Lipton's mix, 1/3 cup vegetable oil. After combining all of my ingredients I put them into my already pre-heated 425 degree oven for 35 minutes or until potatoes were tender and golden brown.

The corn was shucked and cleaned and put into boiling water for 3-4 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.