Monday, September 6, 2010

Breakfast Enchiladas

I made breakfast yesterday morning. I love having a late breakfast on Sunday mornings..so I guess that would make it brunch. Anyways, I got this idea from Food Network's website. www.foodnetwork.com. Although I didn't follow a recipe, gotta give it credit.

Preheat the oven to 375.

I started out my browning up some sausage links ( in a skillet, over medium heat ) then cutting them up into small chunks. Next, I whisked up 6 eggs and scrambled them up. (over medium-low heat in the skillet I used to cook the sausage. The eggs pick up the grease and get a great flavor.) Using Monterrey Jack cheese, I grated up 1/4 a block.  Last, I made my tomato/onion mixture. Using 1 large tomato, diced up, 1/2 cup diced up onion, and 1/2 cup canned red enchilada sauce. I also added 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground cumin to the mix and let the flavors cook together on low for about 5 minutes.

my tomato/onion sauce

Ok so now it was time to assemble my enchiladas. I got one flour tortilla, added a little bit of egg, sausage, my tomato mix, and a little bit of cheese. I rolled that bad boy up and put it in my baking dish. Once I had done all my enchiladas and put them into the dish, I added a little bit of the enchilada sauce and some cheese on top. I cook them in my 375  degree oven for 20 minutes.  And wah-la. They were stinkin' good and of course the hubby LOVED them.

pre roll up


I ate mine with a side of sour cream and Casa Lindra Medium Salsa (one of the many great local salsas up here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.