Monday, October 25, 2010

Beef Stew

It's been raining so hard and cold that I decided I need something hearty and warm. Beef Stew. So good.

I started by buying pre-cut boneless beef stewing meat at the meat counter of the grocery store. I took my biggest pot and filled it half full with water. Next, I put in my stew meat and 1 cup chopped white onion, then turned the temp. to medium-high. I salted and peppered my water/beef too. Once the water began to boil I covered it with the lid and turned the temperature to medium and let it cook for an hour.

Next, I added to my soup:  1 cup of freshly chopped carrots,  1 can of peas (drained), 1 can of kidney beans (also drained), 2 cups freshly chopped red potatoes, 2 diced up tomatoes, and 1 tablespoon garlic salt.  I gave it all a quick stir and let it cook altogether on medium heat for another hour.
Throughout the hour I stir my stew. But once that hour is up, that's it you're done!!!




 Caramel Apples to come TODAY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.