Monday, October 25, 2010

Caramel Apples part 2

So..... this is my second time doing caramel apples this month. I have to say that this last batch turned out better than the first. They are just so darn good.

Ingredients: 6 medium sized Granny Smith apples, 1 bag of Branch's Milk Maid caramels, mini chocolate chips, nut topping, and Halloween themed sprinkles.

I started by melting my caramels in a saucepan over low heat. To the melting caramel, I add 2 tablespoons of water. I constantly stir while they melt, until they are all creamy and smooth. Once completely melted I start to coat my apples. With a ladle, I cover my apples and scrape the excess off the bottom of the apples.

For this next part you have to work pretty quickly. Once an apple was completely coated with caramel, I took it over to the bowl with either the nuts or mini chocolate chips and rolled the apple in it. Covering it with as much or as little as I wanted. When finished, I put them on greased waxed paper and put them in the refrigerator to set up.  I like to keep them in the frig so when I eat them, the cool tartness of the Granny Smith really pops.  Enjoy, they are really easy and really fun for the holidays!!!!

starting to melt my caramels


toppings


finished


ready to eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.