Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shrimp Alfredo with Tomatoes and Red Pepper

 Happy Thursday everyone.

It has been colder than a witch's tit here lately and pouring down rain. Needless to say I've been getting a little cabin fever. But I'm Soooo excited that the Halloween weekend is approaching!! We have a party on Friday that I'm super excited about. There's going to be live music, talent contest, costume contest, and best of all FOOD. I'm supposed to bring a finger food so you KNOW I'm going to do it up right.
Any suggestions? I usually do meatballs from a recipe from my good friend Amber.

My little Maggie has been a holy terror lately. No, really. We went to Kmart and Safeway yesterday and she lost her s*&% in both places. People were looking at me like "can't you shut that kid up"and like I was the worst mom ever. Finally, the bakery woman came over and gave little miss a cookie. That pacified her long enough to get the grocery shopping done. Who said bribery doesn't work???

Ok, so for dinner I made shrimp alfredo with tomatoes and red pepper. So here it goes:

My ingredients minus the shrimp, which is below. Shown under running water 


 

I began by thawing out my pre-cooked deveined shrimp in a collander under running cold water.


While this was going on I started my noodle water. Once it reached a rapid boil, I added my pasta and cooked it according to the package directions. Super easy.

At this point my shrimp was defrosted and ready to cook. I added 2 tablespoons of butter to a medium size skillet over medium heat. To the butter I added 1 tablespoon of dried parsley. Once the butter was melted and the skillet nice and hot, I added in my shrimp. It doesn't take long for pre-cooked shrimp to be ready. Probably about 5 minutes max, flipping the shrimp over while cooking.

When they were done I took them out of the skillet and set aside but KEEPING the butter I cooked it in, in the skillet. With the heat on all the while, I added in 2 tomatoes(chopped into large chunks) and 1 red bell pepper cut into slices. These only cooked for about 2 minutes. I wanted them to stay a litle bit firm but soak up some of the shrimp flavor from my butter sauce. Again, once they were done I took them out of the pan and set them aside.


With the pasta being done, I added my alfredo sauce. I could have made it yah, but I didn't and Bertoli is awesome anyways. All the sauce added, I gave it a quick toss and put my shrimp/tomatoe mixture on top. I was done and it looked and tasted great.



kids portion


view into the pot

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.