Friday, November 19, 2010

Pumpkin Pie!!

Today, my little Mina had Native American Heritage day at school with an assembly, guest speakers, and singers. Her class also celebrated the Thanksgiving holiday today. I had volunteered to make Pumpkin Pie for the class. It was good and pretty easy. By the way, I have so much sweet stuff at my house right now I've been giving it away. I enjoy the baking by my gosh I can't eat all this stuff or I'm really gonna pack on the pounds this Holiday season.

Crust:

 Ok ok, I cheated here. I bought Pillsbury Deep Dish frozen pie crust. Two crusts were about 4 dollars.

Pie Filling:

4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
2 12oz cans evaporated milk
2 9inch pie shells unbaked

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Mix ingredients in order given, pour into unbaked pie shells.
Baked 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 45 minutes. Until knife inserted in center comes out clean.




my pie filling


ready for baking

Ready to eat

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.