Sunday, January 2, 2011

A new year, new eggs, and a bad hangover

Wow, Happy New Year everyone!! Hope it was a fun one. We had a full day of recovery yesterday. We had a pretty awesome new year's eve.

First and foremost, thank you to my wonderful friend/ babysitter for the night for keeping my kiddos. :-) Love you.

We started out by going to The Pearl Lounge,http://www.pearlloungeeureka.com/ in Eureka, CA, for pre-dinner drinks. One drink and a nice pricey tequila shot down we decided that was enough and headed over to The Carter House Inn, their restaurant, Restaurant 301, for dinner. http://www.carterhouse.com/. There we dinned on Crab Cocktail, Duck con Fete, an intermezzo of Mango Sorbet, and Prime Rib. I think there was dessert but we were so tipsy, I mean full, we didn't have it.
Oh and some more tequila and a couple bottles of Chardonnay. Note: This tequila/wine combination is not recommended and will Never happened for us again. Dinner was amazing and we walked back into Old Town to dance our asses off at The Pearl.

We had a great time. Ran into some old friends, drank champagne, and danced. Yes, my honey danced with me all night.  It was so much fun.

Yesterday was a full day of laying on the couch and starting to feel human again.

Ok ok now for the food. We started the day off with omelets.

I made my omelet using 3 eggs. I scrambled up the eggs in a small bowl and added a little salt and pepper to them. Once whipped up nice and fluffy, I added them to my skillet. The skillet was on medium heat and already nice and hot when I put the eggs in. Once the bottom of the eggs were looking cooked I added, to one side of the omelet, some diced up tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, chopped cilantro, and a dash of garlic salt. I then carefully folded my eggs in half and let it brown a little on each side. Lastly, I topped it with some feta cheese.

I have to admit it took me a long time to cook an omelet well. In the words of my old dance teacher, Practice makes permanent.  And in this case my eggs perfect. :-)



omelets using, tomatoes, yellow bell pepper, cilantro, and of course eggs


Mina wanted fried eggs instead, no prob.

finished omelet, topped with some feta cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.