Friday, January 7, 2011

Pork Roast fajitas

I had a pork roast that needed to be cooked and I didn't want to cook it my same ol' way so..... I browsed the web for a little while trying to get some ideas. I found Pork Roast Mexican style. I read the recipe, it sounded good but I did my own thing with it.

Ingredients: I'm not so good at measuring when I wing it so I'll try and approx. it for you.

2 cups water
1 whole yellow onion, chopped,
1 cup, whole baby carrots
2 tablespoons garlic salt
1 tablespoon pepper
2 tablespoons coriander
3-4 tablespoons ground cumin


I added all of these ingredients into my crock pot on High with my Pork Sirloin Roast for 4-5 hours.

Occasionally I would open the lid and ladle some juice over the exposed part of the roast.



all my ingredients added, and ready to start cooking
 
really good locally made, Rita's brand Humboldt Salsa
http://www.ritascafe.com/
  For the fajitas part, I sauteed up some yellow and red bell pepper and some red onion. When the pork was done I added it to my veggies.

Meat is done, and added in with my peppers/onion


( I used about 1/4 cup of sliced onion, and 1 whole red bell pepper, and 1/2 a yellow bell pepper total.)

I served it with Whole Wheat Tortillas, Monterrey Jack Cheese, Rita's Humboldt Salsa, and some black beans. 
Yuuuummm, looks good right?? you better say Yes ;-)

The pork was a great change up to chicken or beef and the slow cooker just does pork soooo right. Not only is it all super easy, since the crock pot does all, well most, of the work. The combination of cumin and coriander for cooking Mexican food is perfect.

I love my crock pot.

I love pork too.

Give it a try and Enjoy!!
Thanks for stopping by and have a good Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.