Monday, May 23, 2011

Smothered Chicken Breasts

Smothered Chicken Breasts


Ingredients:

 4 skinless, trimmed chicken breasts
1 can Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
Salt
Pepper
Paprika
Bacon, cooked, and chopped into bits
Extra sharp white cheddar
fresh parsley, chopped


I began by getting a large, oven safe baking dish and emptying my can of Cream of Mushroom soup and one can of water into it. Mix the soup up. 

Next, I placed my chicken in them middle of the dish.
I sprinkled the top of chicken with salt, pepper, and paprika to taste.

Cover with foil and place in the oven, on 350 degrees, for 1 hour and 20 minutes. For the last 20 minutes of baking, I took the foil off and browned the top of the chicken.

I found that by cooking it this long, the chicken is very moist and basically just falls apart.

In my dish, spiced and ready for the oven


browning the tops
While the chicken is baking, cook up your bacon.
Chop it into bits and put aside to use later.
Also, grate your cheese and put aside.

Once the chicken is done, take the pieces out and put into a nice serving dish.
Immediately top with your cheese and bacon bits.
Let the cheese have a minute to melt on top and then top with some fresh parsley.




That's it. Pretty damn easy and very tasty.

Thanks for coming by. Happy Monday!!
Cheers!

1 comment:

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.