Friday, September 3, 2010

Tri Tip Roast, black beans & rice, and corn on the cob

No recipes needed for last night. It was all me. I've been realizing that using all these new ingredients is leaving me with half used bottles of stuff in my frig. Soo.. when I've been deciding what to cook I end up analyzing whats in the frig and needs to be used up.

With that said, I needed to cook up a Tri tip roast I had and some corn that I had recently bought at a local farm. I slow cooked the roast in the oven. Sooo yumm and juicy this way.

I preheated my oven to 300 and began to spice up my roast. In a baking dish, I layed in my roast. I put salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and dried rosemary on top. I'm really bad about measuring out what I used but I basically used enough of each to completely cover the top of the meat. Then I added a couple tablespoons of EVOO on top and with my fingers rubbed it all in good!!I covered it with foil and popped it in the oven for 2 1/2 hours. After it cooked for that time, I took off the foil and turned up the heat to 375 for another 30 minutes. This browns the top of the roast really well.

browning the top

Now for my side dishes. I totally used a boxed rice. It was really good. I used Zataran's brand Black Beans & Rice. I just followed the instructions on the box but just when it was almost done I added in a can of organic diced garlicky tomatoes.




Next, I shucked and clean my ears of corn. I got a pot of water heated to a roaring boil and dropped the corn in for about 3-4 minutes. I like my corn to be hot and still crunchy. Don't over cook your corn. When I ate it I gave it a little salt and butter of course. Farm fresh corn on the cob can't be beat. My honey and I had a glass of Fish Eye Merlot with dinner.







I also made dessert. I got the idea off Dr. Oz of all places. I got graham crackers, spread a little cool whip in the middle, a dash of chocolate syrup, and put em in the freezer for an hour. They were insanely good!!


my sweet girl excited to eat dessert

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.