Friday, August 27, 2010

Feta & Sundried Tomato stuffed chicken breast

Today was my 5 year old's first day of Kindergarten so, I had extra time to search the web for a new recipe. I found a good one!! I also did a much needed cleaning of my refrigerator!!

Chicken Breast Stuffed With Feta Cheese, Sun-Dried Tomato ( http://www.food.com/)

By Terrence Maguire on January 24, 2002

Ingredients:

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded thin

1 medium red bell pepper, diced

6 garlic cloves, minced

5 large sun-dried tomatoes, diced

1 teaspoon thyme

8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled finely

1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I use Italian style)

olive oil

salt

pepper

toothpick (or Butcher String)

green onion, chopped (for garnish)


Directions:

Prep Time: 20 mins

Total Time: 55 mins

1 Sauté garlic and red bell pepper, in Olive Oil, for about 3 minutes (just enough to"combine" the flavors).

2 Put aside to cool.

3 In a bowl, combine Feta cheese, breadcrumbs, thyme, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic and red pepper mixture.

4 Toss until well mixed (this will be your "stuffing").

5 Lay a flattened piece of chicken breast on a cutting board or your counter.

6 Put a 1/4 of the above mixture on the flattened chicken breast like you would be making a burrito and roll as tight as you can get it.

7 Secure it with a toothpick or butcher string.

8 Place chicken breast "roll" on a baking sheet (I spray it with Pam so it doesn't stick), brush with olive oil (this gives it a nice golden brown texture), and season with salt and pepper.

9 Preheat oven to 350°F.

10 Cook for about 35 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 180°F.

11 I guess you could try it on a grill, but I never attempted it yet!

12 Garnish with chopped green onion and serve hot.
 
 
 
I followed the recipe pretty much the whole way except, that I garnished with fresh chopped Basil. I also used some of the extra stuffing I had left on top of sliced baguette and baked in the oven at 350degrees for 5 minutes. MY HUSBAND LOVED EM'!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
ENJOY!!!


finished product :0)
 
my clean frig

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.