Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tuesday night's dinner

Yesterday I was out of town all day visiting my sister in law so, nothing to post for Wednesday. But here is Tuesday night's dinner, finally.

I used my Better Homes and Gardens COOK BOOK: PINK edition cookbook for this one, well the meat sauce. I really like a thick heavy meat sauce on my pasta and used a multi-colored Rotini noodle. Just a little note: when I make a hearty sauce like this I like to use a pasta noodle that has some kind of ridges or holes. I do this b/c they pick up and hold the sauce better.

In a large skillet I added: 1 1/2 pounds of ground beef and began to brown it. Then, while it began to cook I added: 1 cup chopped onion, 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms(my own addition), 3 cloves chopped garlic, 1 teaspoon dried basil, 1 tsp dried parsley, 1 tsp dried oregano, and 1/2 tsp dried marjoram. I browned the meat thoroughly and drained the grease out. I then transferred the meat to a large saucepan and added 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 6-ounce can tomato paste, 1 tsp sugar,and 1 tablespoon EVOO. I let that simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes.

While, all of this was going on I boiled up my Rotini, salting it a little while cooking. And wah-la I was done. On top I did add a palm full of my 3 cheese blend, so good when its melting on top of the meat sauce.  To drink?? The honey and I had some California red table wine.


Menage a Trois 2009 California Red Wine

my meat sauce as it simmers

EAT ME!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.