Tuesday, August 24, 2010

An Oakie but a goodie

I didn't cook yesterday. It was a busy day of school clothes shopping and errand running. Sooo today you get breakfast and dinner. Check back later for a yummy dinner!!

Both sides of my family had this recipe: Chocolate gravy and biscuits. You do not even know how good this is. If you like chocolate you will love this; however, its quite sugary so if you are on a diet you should know.

When I was little, my Grandmas would always make this for me b/c its such a great treat. Good memories with this one. The recipe is a little rough b/c it was and always has been passed down word of mouth.

So,here it is: in a saucepan add 1 cup sugar, 1 heapin' tablespoon of Baking Cocoa, 1 heapin' tablespoon of flour, a dash of salt, and a dash of vanilla extract. To my dry ingredients I add some milk, I totally eyeball this part. Not too much though b/c once you heat the gravy and bring to a boil you want it to thicken up. Keep stirring or you will burn it! Once you bring it to a boil, keep stirring, it'll get to a gravy consistency. Then, turn down the heat and cook it to the thickness you like. When it gets there you are done.
I serve it on top of canned Grands biscuits and of course butter.


Chocolate Gravy and biscuits (OMG sooo good)

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.