Monday, August 23, 2010

I'll have it on the side-dish

Ok, ok, I totally cheated for the main course tonight. But hey, I'm a mom of two that helps my husband run our business and sometimes I'm allowed to cook up a frozen lasagna alright? However; I did still cook up a healthy side dish for everyone. I prepared some roasted vegetables (my own recipe).

First heat the oven to 450 degrees.

Here were my ingredients: 1 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms, 1 1/2 cup chopped broccoli (stems included), 1 1/2 cup sliced red & yellow bell pepper, 4 whole carrots cut into slices, 1/2 of a sweet onion cut into chunks, and 3 cloves of minced garlic

Next I combined, in a separate bowl: 4 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 1/2(maybe 2) tsp balsamic vinegar, 1/2 tsp dried basil, 3/4 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. I stirred it all up good and tossed my veggies in. Toss up all the veggies, making sure they were all coated well, and put it on a baking sheet in a single layer.

Place in your 450 degree oven for 25 minutes, tossing occasionally until lightly browned. Then I called it good!! Pretty good for veggies ;-)

balsamic vinegar...yum

before getting tossed in the seasoning

I use CUTCO knives and utensils
finished product, colorful and soooo goood


1 comment:

  1. Looks absolutely delicious! Like your new blog, fun and well done too.

    ReplyDelete

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.