Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cream Cheese & Strawberry French Toast

I made breakfast this morning, so so good. My husband is absolutely loving this blog may I say. I went to good ol' Paula Deen's The Deen Family Cookbook.  The recipe was titled " T.J.'s Cream Cheese and Strawberry-Stuffed French Toast". I didn't have enough cream cheese to follow the directions so I did it my way.


I started out with my prep work. I used some organic heavy whipping cream and made some fresh whipped cream(added a couple pinches of sugar to sweeten). Next,I washed and sliced up my organic strawberries. I set these things aside for later.


Whipped Cream

French toast: using sliced white bread, I dipped them in whisked up eggs (both sides), then I melted some butter in a griddle over medium heat and cooked those bad boys until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side.

So the cooking part was done and I began to assemble. I took a piece of french toast, spread a thin layer of cream cheese, then topped that with some fresh whipped cream and a few sliced strawberries. I made one more layer and sprinkled a little bit of powdered sugar on top and some syrup.




cheeser's

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you've just found Something Different For Dinner, sign up and become a follower so that you don't miss a thing!!!

Anonymous comments will not be published.